Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Jan 14,2019

Fact: When we lived in Strabane I remember there were things you could not buy at the store without having stamps to buy them because of the war.  When we lived there Bill came home from the service after being in Germany one day  and Fred left the next day for the service.  He spent his overseas time in Panama and worked in a hospital.  Bill was married and he and Louise lived a few places up from us.  Margaret also lived there but she lived down over the hill from us.  It was called a project where several of the houses were joined together.  
Memories: One memory I have while living in Strabane is someone predicted the world was going to end and it seemed several bought into that. Seemed like some were in a panic.  I also remember a neighbor across the way from us had tried to commit suicide and had his wrist cut and inside the house you could see the blood smeared on the walls as he came out of the house to get help after he had tried.  On the lighter side back at Grandpap Spragg's farm I remember all the fun times I had playing in the creek.  Mom would bend a straight pen and tie it on a string and the string on a stick and I would fish.  The fish I caught were about 2 to 3 inches long.  
Reflections: I have not thought about what happened in Strabane in many of years.  I like to think I remember the good times and do not dwell on the bad.  I am so thankful that I do not have a lot of bad things to remember.
Pictures:  Here is a picture of my grandpap Spragg.  He is the one sitting in the middle.  I was told this was taken when he was working out of state when he worked on the pipelines.  
 Here it is cropped:
       a picture of Grandmaw and grandpap Ward,



   

No comments:

Post a Comment