Friday, January 11, 2019

Jan.11,2019

Fact: My internet has been mostly off for three days.  Grrrr.
My dad and Uncle Lawrence spent a lot of their younger years with their Aunt's and I think the Aunts still  lived with their parents.  Pricella and Lydia Brant was their names.  I have pictures of them but do not know which is which. They were Sudie's sisters.  Grandpap worked on gas lines at the time and was away from home.  These Aunt's did not live to be very old. I have letters written to grandpap by one of them and also from dad and Uncle Lawrence.  I will post them soon.  I also have one written to grandma Spragg by a friend before she was married, which I found amusing.  
Memories: I think one of the reasons I do not like snakes as I remember when we lived at grandpa's and Bayardie was there for a week-end that he caught a big black snake and was chasing me with it.  To me the only good snake is a dead one.  Another memory I have of Bayardie and I was we went to get a ground hog.  Bayardie had chased it into it's hole and he told me to get down and pull it's nest out and when it run out the back hole he would get it.  Dumb kid that I was I did and the ground hog tried to bite me but we kept after it and he did run out the other hole and Bayardie got it with a shovel. 
Reflections: Some things do not change that much and others really do.  The letter from Grandma's friend and the ones from the boys to Grandpap are not that much different. One thing I think has really changed is what kids do for fun.  I think I remember living at Grandpap's because it was a fun time. I always liked older people and liked to listen to them tell their stories.  We did not have all the things that young ones have today and sometimes I think with what all they do have, it takes a lot away from the memories they will have when they get older.  Good memories are worth their weight in gold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment