Friday, January 18, 2019

Jan. 18,2019

Fact: When we moved from grandpap Spragg's we moved out in the country south of Washington and we lived in a 2 story farm house and when the wind blew hard the furniture upstairs would move away from the walls as the house swayed that much.  A couple of times we went to the spring house down back of the house as it was built into the hill when the wind was really bad.  Johnny and I attended a 1 room school house there that had all 8 grades in it.  There was a big coal stove in the middle that they heated it with.
Memories: I remember going into the school one day and a couple of the bigger boys who took care of the stove had the door open on it and was swinging Johnny back and forth like they were going to throw him into the stove.  Guess they would be called bullies today.  I also remember Johnny throwing a orange at me in the house as I ran up the steps and it stuck on the wall. He also threw one at me on the school bus at Grandpap Spraggs and it stuck on the front window. 
Reflections: Wonder if Johnny got over throwing things at people.  LOL.  I am sure I did not do a thing to have this happen.  
Pictures and articles:

Here is a couple articles that were in the papers.  The 50th anniversay of Grandmaw and Grandpap Ward is dated Nov. 1941 and the death notice of Grandad had to be the next year as he died in 1942.The other is Grandmaw Spraggs death notice.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment