Saturday, January 5, 2019

Jan.5, 2019

Fact:  The first place I remember where we lived was in Wolfdale in a double house.  It was also the first whipping I remember getting.  Some of us kids were in the yard kicking cans and dad came out and told me to stop and of course I had to do it again after he went into the house and I kicked it through the neighbors window.  It only took two whippings from my dad to know when he told you not to do something or said no he meant it.  When I got older and asked him about doing something and he said "No.", that was it but if he said " Ask your mother " It meant he was ok with it as long as mom said ok.  You could talk mom around sometimes though.
Memories:I do not remember my grandfather Ward.  I have pictures of him but do not remember him.  Most of what I remember of Grandmother Ward is she had a stroke and was bed fast and she was at Aunt Daisy's and she took care of her.  It is the only funeral I ever remember that was held in the home. I remember my Grandfather Spragg the best. We lived with him and Lizzy when I was in 2nd Grade on his farm in Waynesburg. He always took time after lunch and would sit on the porch and he would tell me stories about Dad, Uncle Lawrence, and Uncle Willis.  I also remember that he never used a fork when eating.  He ate mostly with a knife. My Dad did not even remember his mon as she died young.  My last time I remember seeing Lizzy, was after Harry and I were either going together or married but Uncle Lawrence wanted to go see her when he visited so we took him to see her where she lived after grandpap died. 
Relections: Be ever so thankful if you knew your grandparents.  There is lots of things I would love to know about them now.  I know my Grandpap Spragg was a farmer but I do not even know what my Grandfather Ward to make a living.  Here is a drawing I did about the can.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment