Friday, January 18, 2019

Jan. 18, 2019

Fact: We next moved back into Washington on Berthel Ave.  I went to Hayes Ave. School and  Goat Hill from here.  Aunt Daisy and Uncle Ward lived up over the hill from where we lived at this time and it was in this house Bayardie stayed while we lived at Grandpap's. 
Memories: We walked to school at Hayes Ave.and Goat Hill.  I remember stopping at Aunt Daisy's house almost every day on our way home from school.  If you never had Aunt Daisy's bread you missed a real treat.  When we stopped she would ask if you wanted a slice of bread and you soon learned that you did not say " I do not care." as she would say "I don't either" and keep on doing what ever she was doing.  Grandmaw Ward had a stroke by this time and was bed fast and Aunt Daisy took care of her.  It was not like it is now a days when they work with those who have stokes, back then you just lived your life out that way.  Grandmaw could not talk but seemed to understand and she would get frustrated when she could not make them understand and she would say "OH, shit". That you could understand.  
Reflections: Yes these were my good old days and I am so thankful for the memories I have from this time, but there are also lots of things I am so thankful for that are better now, so if you are younger and most of you are, remember this is your good old days and I pray when you get older you can look back on them and be able to have good memories and even be able to be thankful for the things that are better.  I am most thankful for days like today that I do not have to go out to a outhouse.  
Pictures: This is a picture of Uncle Lawrence and dad when they were just little boys.  Uncle Lawrence was the oldest.  I can still see dad in there. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment