Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Reflections, memories and facts.

Reflection, memories and facts is something I have been thinking of doing as I wish I had thought to ask questions of those who are now no longer here in hopes that someday maybe some questions you did not ask might be answered.  I do not know  what all I want to include in this so going to just start
with the year I was born which was Jan.1938.  My parents were Mary Elizabeth Spragg and Bayard Henry Spragg .
 Fact: In 1938 there was 48 states in the United States and Franklin D. Roosevelt was President. 
  • Harvard Tuition: $420 a year.
  • A gallon of gas: 10 cents.
  • Movie ticket: 25 cents.
  • Postage stamp: 3 cents.
  • Average income: $1,731 per year.
  • House: $3,900.
 Reflection:       2018 prices
                 
                    Harvard Tuition 1918 46,340.00
                    Gallon of gas in US $2.19 but Ohio is a little less.
                    Movie ticket $9.12 This even surprised me as I have not been to a movie in ages. 
                     Postage stamps 55 cents 
                     Average Income:56,561  
                     House $222,800 
 Some of these prices are higher then in Monroe Co. Ohio where we live, but according to information found on Google these were the average in the USA. 

Fact: This is not what this will be every day but thought it would be ok to put in and compare 2019 with what was going on in 1938. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment